Bridal Nightmare

 There is something about brides that's disturbingly gloomy, ghoulish. To me, anyway. Despite the universal social conspiracy that annoyingly whispers in your ear "Get married, get married" as soon as you hit puberty, my marrying compass probably got stuck or indicates a total different North than the usual one. My North is probably way south to any current universal order, obstinately defying any virginal white gowns that might gracefully dress my 33 year old woman's body. How shall I elegantly put it?  
I hate all that cute, frilly, puffy, lacy, veily shit.

I would gladly rip off all that vestal white and stomp on it with my 20 cm heels. If Freud was alive he would probably find a deep significance buried profoundly under all my bride hatred, something related to my alleged fear of commitment or maybe mother issues, but I am pretty sure I've hated the idea of getting married ever since I was 16.
Moreover, for over 20 years, I keep having a recurrent nightmare where I always find myself at my own wedding party, with some faceless groom, and I always discover terrified that I wish to get as away as possible. I don't think it's related to a certain guy, I am pretty sure that my main problem is the general concept of marriage.
I am definitely from another universe, a very disturbed one, so, because I wish to make a peaceful conclusion,  to all the brides out there ..I wish you the best. I do :).

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Whisppy said...

I'm sorry, but your post made me laugh. To me, it's something like me never imagining myself having children though I wish people who do, the best. I don't hate children, I just never want to have my own. And this is something I've always felt from even before I was a teen.

Jade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jade said...

You made me laugh.. You are one weird girl, most girl like you dreaming to be a beautiful bride.
Holy shit.... divine intervention this is the fourth blog I visit that mention 'wedding'...
My other day and last night my mom keeps reminding me about my life and get married because I'll be old and last night she did it again which is pissing me, I told her its not the right time but she insist when will it be, before I talk to my mom, I have a nice chat with GF, we have some sort of agreement that we are going to marry if we felt its the right time and she still need to finish her college. This morning I read 4 blog that with some topic about married.. Your blog and pinayscribble blog...

love2Type said...

i saw bridal gowns here in belgium and they cost around 2000 euro. very expensive and a waste for something that's good for a day only. i don't think i'm willing to shed this much money too. i'd rather use it on a honeymoon to some place i've never been before. nyahaha

Pinay Scribbles said...

after my first marriage, i swore i would never marry again.. but being with my boyfriend now and knowing about how i feel for him, i feel like i want to marry again. lol. and yes that pretty nice dress is included to that longing too.. except i dont want it to be white. :D ahahhaahhhaha... but i'm not rushing anything...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...