My boyfriend is a grandpa


Actually my boyfriend has become a grandpa two years ago, but only recently had he the chance to meet his grand-daughter. Little blond Sophie is the daughter of his only son (me and his son we are about the same age) and has been living in Italy with her parents.

They arrived a few days ago in Romania, after five years, and the long awaited come-together was very, very touching indeed. It's very funny and sweet how my boyfriend's constantly trying to conquer Sophie's heart. We make a lot of fun of him. For this very rare and special occasion I made a very pleasant effort to cook something a bit different and I prepared some hors d'oeuvres. I thought they would look inviting and colorful enough to stir Sophie's curiosity.

I made some eggs stuffed with cheese, meatballs, ham and feta cheese and my personal favorite, rolled zucchini with ham and cheese inside. I am very satisfied with the result of my work and I must confess they seemed to enjoy them very much.

17 comments:

Grace said...

Wow - I bet the food tastes as delicious as it looks (and the photos are fabulous!).

And Sophie? That is one gorgeous child. Your boyfriend is very lucky indeed...

(Can I come eat at your house?)

unikorna said...

You'd be sooo welcome in my house Grace :).

C.J. Sullivan said...

Good food is the way to a man's heart!

YONKS said...

What a wonderful gathering and she is so cute! Bless you all.
Di
xxxx

Teresa Ashby said...

What a lovely little girl and what beautiful food x

mylittleitaliankitchen said...

And I bet they did! You have made them a fiest! And for your boyfriend to meet his granddaughter for the first time must have been so exciting!

Shaharoh said...

Hello Lovely! I've missed you too! What a cutie pie! She is soo cute! I love that you are drawn to the older guy. I am too although my guy is younger than me but swears he looks older, lol!

When's the restaurant opening up? You are quite the chef! You're dishes are amazing!

Janet Gardner said...

I agree with Grace, the food looks delicious, how sweet of you to make them for such a special gathering. Sophie is simply beautiful! I'm so glad you all got to get together!
Hugs & Kisses,
Janet :)

klahanie said...

Ah, what a lovely, heart warming story. A wonderful time to cherish.

What time did you say for me to come over for a meal? :)

Hugs to you and may this positive focus bring you ongoing joy.

Gary

Sissym said...

Just missing I go visit you! So when that happens, I will do diet before because you cook so much delicious! You are a dangerous Chef!

As for Sophie, that she is so cute!

Kisses

Catherine said...

What a cute little girl! So wonderful he got to meet her.
xo Catherine

Petula Wright said...

The food looks really yummy and beautiful! I know what it is... I figured it out - you're artistic in everything you do. Even your food has to be pretty. :-)

Your boyfriend's granddaughter is gorgeous! She's a little bundle of prettiness. LOL. It's so good that they've finally been able to get together.

Linda R said...

His granddaughter is so cute. And I have to say your treats look so yummy. I bet they tasted so good.

Hugs

Suzanne Bean said...

What a wonderful post!!! The photos are gorgeous!!! Beautiful!!! :)

Dixie said...

Delicious post! I'm salivating.
Beautiful little girl; what a face You both are graced by a little angel.

Launna said...

All your food looks yummy and your boyfriends granddaughter is beautiful:)

Shannon Lawrence said...

What a sweet-faced little baby doll she is! Beautiful little girl.

Yummmmm on the food! It does look colorful and tasty.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...