They love 35 year old women, don't they?

Today I turn 35 and, although I don't feel much wiser, I do have a strange feeling that time has been kind with me. I am mostly grateful for that tiny grain of innocence that I still have left and that still allows me to believe in impossible things and unexpected outcomes. Time has passed painfully fast, I can still taste my first kiss and I barely had time to discover how love feels like.
I love my thirties because they awakened in me a sleeping muse that  constantly whispers in my ear astonishing stories about elves, fairies and other mythical creatures. I was born a pessimist, that is a fact, but growing older I have concluded that there are incredibly beautiful things about life that await to be discovered and so I dare say, even pessimism could be curable.

I had to bake my famous chocolate cake and I barely had the chance to take some pictures because my boyfriend and and some unexpected guests ate it all. Kisses to everyone and thank you so much for your beautiful birthday wishes.


20 comments:

Petro Neagu said...

Happy Birthday, our dearest (La multi, multi ani fericiti si plini de impliniri!)

Kisses and hugs

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Happy Birthday, Petronela! Your birthday cake is making my mouth water!

Dana said...

Happy birthday, friend!

L.G. Smith said...

Happy Birthday!! Thirty five is fabulous.

Oh, and you are killing me with that cake. Looks divine.

Launna said...

Happy Birthday Petronela... I loved my 30's but my 40's were even better... you are right, time flies by too quickly...

Alida said...

Happy birthday dear Petronela! Do you know you have beautiful features, I love your photo, you should put some more of yourself!
I love my thirties too, you really know what you are and what you want and feel more confident and settled than in your twenties.
Have a great day! XX

Grace said...

Yes you are an exotic beauty - mind-thirties? Pah - a baby still - I gotta say tho that 40 really rocks, so you have much to look forward to...

Lost in Space said...

Happy birthday. :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

Happy birthday! What a great looking cake!!

Judith said...

Your coloring and features are beautiful! So is your cake. No wonder most of it's gone.
I'm a grandmother, and have to tell you, life just keeps getting better.

Sparkle said...

Happy birthday! My human says that here in the U.S., women only start to hit their stride in their mid-30s.

Botanist said...

Happy birthday, and that cake looks delicious!

Catherine said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!!! 35 ~ I can hardly remember it! LOL!
And that cake looks yummy!
xo Catherine

The Elephant's Child said...

Happy, happy birthday. It seems very unfair that you should have to bake your own birthday cake but, judging by the picture I am not at all surprised it was devoured. And pessimists cannot be disappointed - just pleasantly surprised. Hugs.

nutschell said...

The happiest of Birthdays to you! And may you have many, many more!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Catherine said...

dear Petronela, Happy Birthday!!
I am so happy that I came to you on this day and get to wish you the very best for your new year ahead.
Blessings and xoxo, Catherine

Shaharoh said...

Happy Birthday Lovely Lady! May this year be blessed and all of your dreams manifest the way you hope for:) XOXO!

Joyce Lansky said...

Happy birthday to you. If you don't mind my saying, you're still a baby.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/02/wordless-wednesday-frickin-elephant.html

Kiran palwasha said...

Ohh i am late....wishing you happy belated birthday my friend with loads of love and hugs :)

It seems the party is over now.
Well, i believe years doesn't matter. I myself wonder how the 12 months pass so quickly. Birthdays are just 365 days around the sun and nothing more :)
I enjoy celebrating birthdays and feel much better and aware in comparison to earlier. I can enjoy much more life with the passage of time.

Have a great weekend.

Da Dude said...

Happy birthday. Sorry I'm a day late.

(((HUGS)))

Steve

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...