The Welsh Enchantress

Gabriella Lepore is a magical writer from Wales, whose most recent book, Evanescent, has stirred waves of enthusiasm among fantasy readers everywhere. This is Gabriella's third published book, her previous ones are Witches of the Glass Castle and How I found you. We both share the same amazing publisher, Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly, so it was easy and convenient for me to approach Gabriella with a few questions:
- Is fantasy your favorite genre?
- Yes, I would say fantasy is my favourite genre. probably because there are so many different directions you can go with it. For me personally, I'm fascinated by witches and I love to write about them in different forms.
- Is your writing ever inspired from personal experiences?
- I'm inspired by places, old buildings, forests, the ocean. With Evanescent, I was particularly inspired by an old castle near my home in Wales. It's called Castell Coch and it's just magical.
- Who is your favourite hero/heroine in classic literature?
- I have a few from classic and modern classic literature. One who stands out for me is Emma Woodhouse from Jane Austen's Emma. She's a great character.
Gabrielle book signing
- What stories are you currently weaving?
- I am currently working on my next supernatural YA-book, Tarantula. In short it's about a girl who is kidnapped by a demon slayer for the purpose of fulfilling an ethereal duty that only she can do.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- I hope to still be writing, with lots of books in print.
You can find Gabriella and her books on AmazonTwitter and Facebook.

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Launna said...

I think this is wonderful that you are helping out other writers Petronela:)

L.G. Smith said...

Wonderful interview. Have to say the landscape in Wales inspires me too. ;)

Tamago said...

Great interview! I can see places, buildings etc. can be inspiration. I saw Castell Coch on line. It does look very magical place!

Andrea Franco-Cook said...

Hmmm, the book sounds interesting. I'll be sure to look for it on the shelves. Thanks for sharing your insights.

klahanie said...

Hi Petonela,

Very good of you to bring further awareness of Gabriella. A magical writer from magical Wales. I shall share this posting. Wishing Ganriella and you, my dear friend, much success.

Gary :)

unikorna said...

Kisses Gary...you're an amazing gentleman :)>

Mynx said...

Great interview. I shall have to hunt down the books I think. Sounds like it could be a good rainy day read

YONKS said...

Hi Petronella,
How are, haven't stopped by in a while, have been taking a bit of blog rest. I live just around the corner from Castell Coch, it is very inspiring. Wales is such a magical, mystical land. We say that the morning mist is the dragon's breath!
I will have to check out her work.
Hope you and your man are well.
Much Love
Di
xxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...