Wedding bells ...


Yes, there will be some wedding bells in September for my eldest nephew (my sister's son) who has finally decided to marry his girlfriend of over five years, a lovely girl named Gabby. The ring has been offered, the wedding dress has been discovered, the invitations have been sent and luckily received, the shoes...oh My... are to die for, and most of all the bride and groom...are very...willing :).
the happy couple along
with the bridesmaid
and the bestman
They even paid for their honey moon week, a cruise from west Italy to Ibiza. Me and my boyfriend, we shall attend this wedding (how could we miss it) and he is very determined to dance the bride till she'll break a heel (that's a local tradition....they say that the bride must dance with all the guests and never refuse a dance, not even one...poor thing). I'll keep you posted :).

16 comments:

Shaharoh said...

Family events are always special! Congratulations! Such a lovely couple:) When will your wedding bells be ringing, j/k. xoxo Beautiful!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Congratulations to your nephew and his bride! Those shoes better be very comfortable if she's going to follow the local tradition. :)

nutschell said...

I hope the bride survives all that dancing.:D Maybe she should wear sneakers instead of heels.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Carol Z said...

Congratulations to the happy couple. It sounds like a fun, fun dancing wedding!

Big D said...

So the other local tradition is for the bride to spend her wedding night cooling her feet in a bucket of cold water...
Congrats.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

When I saw the blog title I chocked on a potato chip; so glad to hear it's your relative marrying.(smile)
Not so sure about that all of that dancing. :/

Tamago said...

Big congratulations to your nephew and his bride! This is so exciting! It sounds she will be very busy dancing on the wedding day :-) I look forward to more post about them!

Launna said...

That is awesome Petronela... not sure I would want to dance with everyone of my guests all night long without a break... pretty sure I would break my own heal on purpose... lol

Sissym Mascarenhas said...

Dear Friend, congratulations.

If the bride has to dance so much, I think the night of honeymoon honeymoon will last with a heavy sleeper! rsss

Kisses

Judith said...

Sounds like a great time! Enjoy.

Elephant's Child said...

The title of this post made me wonder whether you were going to bite the bullet and do the deed.
Congratulations to your nephew - and have a wonderful time celebrating with them.

Furtheron said...

Have a great time at the wedding... congrats to the happy couple

Alida said...

All the best to this lovely couple! I love weddings and cannot help by holding back tears every single time I go to one!

Alida said...

All the best to this lovely couple! I love weddings and cannot help by holding back tears every single time I go to one!

Mynx said...

What a beautiful gown. Wishing the happy couple much love and a wonderful wedding day.

Daisy said...

Best wishes to the happy couple. I hope you have fun at the wedding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...